Vancouver City Council
Updated December 4, 2003
NOTICE OF MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING - DECEMBER 2, 2003
COUNCIL CHAMBER - 2:00 P.M.
· Agendas, reports and minutes are available on the City of Vancouver web site at http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/ctyclerk/councilmeetings/meeting_schedule.cfm.
· Late reports (so noted) are put on the web site when they are received in the Office of the City Clerk.
· Minutes of the meeting.
For information regarding the Council meeting, please call
Charlene Imai at 604.871.6355 or Tarja Tuominen at 604.873.7191.
PRESENTATION: 3:45 P.M. Irene MacInnes, 2003 Peace Award recipient
"IN CAMERA" MEETING
THAT Council will go into a meeting later this day which is closed to the public, pursuant to Section 165.2 of the Vancouver Charter, to discuss matters related to paragraph(s):
(a) personal information about an identifiable individual who holds or is being considered for a position as an officer, employee or agent of the city or another position appointed by the city;
(e) the acquisition, disposition or expropriation of land or improvements, if the Council considers that disclosure might reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the city;
(i) the receiving of advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose.
ADOPTION OF MINUTES
1. Regular Council (Transportation and Traffic) - November 4, 2003
2. Regular Council (City Services and Budgets) - November 6, 2003
3. Regular Council (Planning and Environment) - November 6, 2003
4. Regular Council - November 18, 2003
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
MATTERS ADOPTED ON CONSENT
1. Creating a Sustainable City
Ann McAfee, Director of City Plans and Co-Director of Planning, and Dave Rudberg, General Manager of Engineering Services, will present a Report Reference on Creating a Sustainable City.
The following refer:
(a) Policy Report "Creating a Sustainable City 2003" dated November 18, 2003.
(b) Policy Report "The Corporate Climate Change Action Plan for the City of Vancouver" dated November 4, 2003.
1. Closure of a Portion of 12th Avenue between Kaslo Street and Renfrew Street
2. Broker of Record Appointments for the City's Insurance Program RFP #PSO3007
3. Insurance Corporation of British Columbia - Funding for Road Safety Improvements 2001-2003
4. Proposed Closure of a Portion of the South Side of Sixth Avenue West of Ash Street
5. Celebration of Light
6. 2004 Advance Grant Installments - Major Exhibiting Institutions & City Planning Commission (Requires eight affirmative votes)
7. Closure of a Portion of the Lane South of 6th Avenue, East of Cambie Street
8. 1412 Cartwright Street - Liquor Primary (Concert Hall)
9. Form of Development: 1616 Bayshore Drive
10. Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services Staffing Request
11. Allocation of Capital Plan Funds in the Downtown Eastside (Requires eight affirmative votes)
1. CD-1 Text Amendment - 2901 East Hastings Street (Hastings Park)
2. CD-1 Text Amendment - 750 Pacific Boulevard (Plaza of Nations)
I. Report of Special Advisory Committee on Disability Issues
October 10, 2003
Cl. 1: 2002 Annual Report
RISE FROM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
ADOPT REPORT OF COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
1. A By-law to amend Zoning and Development By-law No. 3575 (enact a new C-2 District Schedule)
(Councillors Green, Stevenson and the Mayor excused from voting on By-law 1)
2. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property (2627 Dundas Street)
(Councillors Bass, Green and Sullivan excused from voting on By-law 2)
3. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property (2647 - 2655 Manitoba Street)
(Councillors Bass, Green and Sullivan excused from voting on By-law 3)
4. A By-law to authorize Council entering into a Heritage Revitalization Agreement with the Owner of Heritage Property (5872 Wales Street [Subdivision])
(Councillors Bass and Green excused from voting on By-law 4)
5. A By-law to authorize Council entering into a Heritage Revitalization Agreement with the Owner of Heritage Property (5872 Wales Street [Heritage house])
(Councillors Bass and Green excused from voting on By-law 5)
6. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property (5872 Wales Street [Heritage house])
(Councillors Bass and Green excused from voting on By-law 6)
7. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property (5872 Wales Street [Trees])
(Councillors Bass and Green excused from voting on By-law 7)
A. Administrative Motions
1. C-2 Guidelines
MOVER: Councillor Louie
SECONDER: Councillor Roberts
B. Motions on Notice
1. Women's Work Task Force
MOVER: Councillor Woodsworth
SECONDER: Councillor Roberts
2. By-law Enforcement
MOVER: Councillor Ladner
SECONDER: Councillor Sullivan
NOTICE OF MOTION
ENQUIRIES AND OTHER MATTERS
* * * * *