Updated: April 14, 2008
NOTICE OF MEETING
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
|DATE:||Tuesday, April 15, 2008|
- View a complete video stream of this meeting
- Agendas and reports are available on the City of Vancouver web site at http://vancouver.ca/meetingschedule approximately one week before the meeting date.
- Minutes of the meeting [PDF ].
For information, or to register to speak, please call Tarja Tuominen, Meeting Coordinator at 604.873.7191, e-mail email@example.com Laura Kazakoff, Meeting Coordinator at 604.871.6353, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“IN CAMERA” MEETING
THAT Council will go into a meeting later this day which is closed to the public, pursuant to Section 165.2(1) of the Vancouver Charter, to discuss matters related to paragraph(s):
(c) labour relations or other employee relations;
(e) the acquisition, disposition or expropriation of land or improvements, if the Council considers that disclosure could reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the city;
(k) negotiations and related discussions respecting the proposed provision of an activity, work or facility that are at their preliminary stages and that, in the view of the Council, could reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the city if they were held in public.
ITEMS ARISING FROM THE "IN CAMERA" MEETING OF APRIL 1, 2008
Council approved appointments to the Vancouver Chinatown Historic Area Planning Committee.
Names of those appointed can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office.
ADOPTION OF MINUTES (Video Clip of this Item)
1. Regular Council – April 1, 2008
2. Regular Council (City Services and Budgets) – April 3, 2008
3. Regular Council (Planning and Environment) – April 3, 2008
4. Special Council (EcoDensity) – February 26, 27, March 3, 4, 13, April 2 and 3, 2008
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
MATTERS ADOPTED ON CONSENT
1. EcoDensity – Draft Charter and Draft Initial Actions – Next Steps (Video Clip of this Item)
Following the Special Council Meeting to hear speakers on EcoDensity convened on February 26, 2008, reconvened on February 27, March 3, 4 and 13 and April 2 and adjourned on April 3, 2008, Vancouver City Council referred discussion and decision to the Regular Council Meeting on April 15, 2008, as Unfinished Business.
The previously distributed Policy Report dated February 18, 2008 [PDF ], refers (limited distribution).
Minutes 4 refer.
(i) The attached Memorandum dated April 10, 2008 [PDF ], from the Director of Planning, also refers.
Requires eight affirmative votes
Requires eight affirmative votes
RISE FROM COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
ADOPT REPORT OF COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
1. A By-law to amend Health By-law No. 9535 regarding signs to prohibit smoking in vehicles for hire (to set sign standards in vehicles for hire)
2. A By-law to amend Vehicles for Hire By-law No. 6066 regarding a housekeeping amendment (to delete a redundant anti-smoking provision)
3. A By-law to authorize Council entering into a Heritage Revitalization Agreement with the Owner of Heritage Property (re 71 East Hasting Street)
4. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property (re 71 East Hastings Street)
5. Heritage Taxation Exemption By-law for 71 East Hastings Street
Requires two-thirds majority of votes cast
6. A By-law to enact a Housing Agreement for 71 East Hastings Street
7. A By-law to amend License By-law No. 4450 regarding housekeeping amendment
(Subject to approval of Administrative Report A1)
8. A By-law to amend Zoning and Development By-law No. 3575 to rezone an area to CD-1 (re 5909 – 5989 Oak Street)
(Councillors Deal and Lee ineligible to vote on By-law No. 8)
9. A by-law to amend Subdivision By-law No. 5208 (re 5909 – 5989 Oak Street)
10. A By-law to impose fines for breaches of the Vancouver Charter or of by-laws that do not specify fines - WITHDRAWN
11. A By-law to modify fines for breaches of certain by-laws and related provisions and housekeeping changes
12. A By-law to authorize Council entering into a Heritage Revitalization Agreement with the Owner of Heritage Property (re 190 Prior Street)
13. A By-law to designate certain real property as protected heritage property(re 190 Prior Street)
A. Administrative Motions
MOVER: Councillor Raymond Louie
SECONDER: Councillor George Chow
B. Motions on Notice
MOVER: Councillor Peter Ladner
MOVER: Councillor Suzanne Anton
SECONDER: Councillor Elizabeth Ball
NOTICE OF MOTION
(Video Clip of this Item)
ENQUIRIES AND OTHER MATTERS
* * * * *